Honey-Garlic Baked Chicken WingsYummly
Crispy chicken wings baked in the oven and coated in a sticky-sweet honey-garlic sauce.
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or tamari)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1Rinse the chicken wings under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- 2Place the honey, brown sugar, and soy sauce in a large mixing bowl.
- 3Grate or press the garlic cloves into the mixing bowl.
- 4Whisk the honey garlic mixture to thoroughly combine.
- 5Place the chicken wings in the mixing bowl. Using a rubber spatula, toss the chicken wings to evenly coat in the honey-garlic glaze.
- 6Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 1-12 hours. Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- 7Remove the marinated chicken wings from the refrigerator.
- 8Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a roasting rack on top.
- 9Cover the roasting rack with another sheet of aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Use a fork to poke holes throughout the surface of the foil.
- 10Use a pair of kitchen tongs to lift each chicken wing from the bowl, allowing the excess marinade to drip off, and transfer onto the foil-covered roasting rack. Do not discard the leftover marinade.
- 11Transfer the baking sheet to the preheated oven.
- 12Bake the chicken wings for 40-42 minutes, until browned and crispy.
- 13Pour the leftover marinade into a small skillet set over medium heat. Bring the marinade to a boil, whisking constantly.
- 14Boil the marinade for 2-3 minutes, whisking occasionally, until it is reduced to about 1/3 cup. Remove from the heat. The marinade will thicken slightly as it cools.
- 15Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- 16Brush the tops of the chicken wings with the reduced marinade.
- 17Transfer the chicken wings to a plate and serve.