If ever there was an opportune moment to describe something as "the bee's knees", this is it. This recipe puts honey on center stage and showcases it's impressive abilities in the realm of baking. Honey Fluffies really seal the deal with their rich, flakey crust. Not to mention the inevitably comforting aroma they produce, which fills your home with the love and joy of genuine baking. Mix in two-and-a-quarter tablespoons of baker's yeast, and you've got a sweet dough that rises as surely as the morning sun. With less than a fifteen minute baking time, you won't have to wait long before digging into this honey butter delight!
- 370 milliliters milk
- 60 milliliters honey
- 50 grams butter
- 550 grams flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baker's yeast
- 1 beaten egg (for brushing)
- Boil the milk.
- In a bowl, mix the honey with the butter.
- Once the milk has boiled, remove from heat, and pour in the honey mixture, stirring well until the butter melts.
- Gradually add 300 grams of flour, and mix until obtaining a homogeneous mixture.
- Let cool.
- Add salt and baking powder, and mix again.
- Let rest for 15 more minutes.
- After this time, add the remaining flour until obtaining a moldable dough that no longer sticks to fingers.
- Brush the dough with oil and wrap in a plastic wrap, and let rise until double in size.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the dough into small equal portions shaping them as desired (balls, braids, laces, or any other shape).
- Brush with the beaten egg.
- Bake at 180 C, for 13 to 15 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories730Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.