Honey Butter BiscuitsKitchenAid
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon honey (warmed)
- 1/4 cup lard (cold, or vegetable shortening)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (cold, cut into small pieces, divided)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1Preheat convection oven to 375°F(or 400°F for standard oven).
- 2Add flour, baking powder,salt, baking soda and honey to bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Mini Stand Mixer. Attach bowl and Flat Beater to mixer.Turn to Speed 1 and mix 1 minute or until combined. Add lard and ½ cup butter. Turn to Speed 4 and beat until mixture appears sandy with small lumps of butter. Add buttermilk and mix on Speed 4 about 30 to 45 seconds or until a sticky dough forms.
- 3Transfer dough to floured surface and knead gently 6 or 7 times. Press into 1-inch-thick circle. Use 2 1/4-inch round cutter to cut biscuits, making sure to press down firmly all the way through the dough. Reshape dough scraps and cut additional biscuits but do not to overwork the dough.
- 4Place biscuits on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Melt remaining ¼ cup of butter; brush onto biscuits. Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5Add butter and honey to mixer bowl. Attach bowl and Flat Beater to mixer. Turn to Speed 2 and mix 2 to 3 minutes or until fluffy. Transfer to serving bowl.
- 6Remove biscuits from oven. Cool slightly and serve with honey butter.