®/™©2022 Yummly. All rights reserved.Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands
This online merchant is located in the United States at 883 E. San Carlos Ave. San Carlos, CA 94070.
MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which may differ from actual selling prices in your area.
Honey Balsamic-Glazed Ham With Garlic Kale And Smashed PotatoesPORK
Honey Balsamic-Glazed Ham With Garlic Kale And Smashed Potatoes
This is already a complete meal with potatoes and kale as side dishes, but you could add dinner rolls, if you wish. A salad of tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onion would complete the dinner and serve as a first course.
- Make the Honey Balsamic Glaze: In a small heavy saucepan, bring ingredients to a boil over high heat, stirring often. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring often, until the liquid is reduced by about half, 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer to small bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using a sharp knife, score ham in a crosshatch pattern. Place ham in roasting pan and add 1/2 cup water. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and spread half of the glaze over the ham, forcing it into the scored cuts. Bake for 15 minutes. Repeat with remaining glaze and bake until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the ham reads 140 degrees F., about 15 minutes more. If necessary, to keep glaze from scorching, tent ham with aluminum foil. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Make the Smashed Potatoes: After about 30 minutes of baking the ham, place potatoes in large saucepan and add enough cold salted water to cover by 2 inches. Cover saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Uncover and reduce heat to medium. Cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well and return potatoes to saucepan. Add butter, oil, salt, and pepper and crush with a large fork, then stir in the parsley. Partially cover with the lid to keep warm.
- Make the Garlic Kale: Rinse kale, shake off excess water, and put in a large bowl. In a large saucepan, heat the oil and garlic over medium heat until the garlic is softened, about 1 minute. In batches, stir in the kale and cook until the first batch is wilted before adding more. Cook, uncovered, stirring often, until just tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the ham crosswise and serve with the smashed potatoes and kale.