Fresh apricots lightly fried in lavender honey make the perfect accompaniment to delicate financiers. The light, flavorful cakes feature almond flour and brown butter for a rich but subtle flavor. This simple dessert makes for an impressive and beautiful way to end a meal, especially if you top the apricots with a dallop of freshly whipped cream. This dessert can be prepared in just over half an hour, for a quick and delicious meal finale.
- 2 eggs
- 130 grams brown sugar
- 130 grams almond (powder)
- 20 grams flour
- 70 grams butter
- 6 apricots
- 2 tablespoons lavender honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and bring it to a hazelnut color, let cool.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar, then add the cooled butter and almond powder. Finally, add the flour and a pinch of salt. Pour the custard into "financiers" molds (previously buttered if they're not silicone molds). Bake for about fifteen minutes. Wait for the "financiers" to cool to unmold.
- Separate the apricots in half before serving. In a pan, melt the honey over medium heat. Add the apricot halves, fry them while stirring constantly in order to coat them with honey. Cooking should be fast, only 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve each "financier" cookie with three apricot halves in honey.
|Calories550Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.