Gluten free -Perfect cookie for a Tea Party !https://paticlark.wordpress.com/2014/05/19/tea-time-with-gf-honey-almond-mini-madeleines-cookies/
- 2 large egg whites (at room temperature –, or 6 Tbsp of Egg whites in the carton)
- 1 box gluten free yellow cake mix (recommended: Betty Crocker GF Cake mix)
- 3 tablespoons non dairy butter (spread, melted)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- non dairy butter
- Put an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter the madeleine molds liberally with non-dairy butter spread. Dust with flour and set aside. I’m using the mini madeleine mold which will make about 60 cookies. If you are using a 3 inch mold you should be able to get 24 cookies.
- Zest one lemon & melt the non-dairy butter spread.
- Batter: In a medium bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the egg whites until frothy. Add the cake mix, non-dairy butter spread, honey, water, lemon zest, and almond extract. Beat the ingredients on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase the speed to high and beat until the batter is smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared molds. Bake until the edges are golden and the center of the cookies spring back when touched, about 15 to 16 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes. Using a small rubber spatula, remove the madeleines and arrange, scalloped side up, on a wire rack.
- Cool for 15 minutes and serve with a cup of tea!