Chili is a hearty and satisfying option for making cold weather comfort dishes. In this super simple recipe, ground beef is sauteed with garlic, onion, and diced bacon or sausage (or go for it and add both) until browned all the way through, doused…
with white wine, and then simmered with a can of red beans until they are heated through and all the flavors have a chance to meld. It's ready in about a half hour, making this a much quicker option that traditional versions.
- olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 piece bacon (or sausage, diced)
- 650 grams ground beef
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 can red beans
- Heat a little olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté garlic, onion and bacon until bacon is crispy.
- Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add white wine and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the beans, mix well and cook for another 5-10 minutes.