- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 2 cups carrots (about 4, peeled and chopped)
- 1 1/4 cups celery (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth (or use 4, 14.5 oz. cans)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces/800 g total, undrained)
- 3 cups potatoes (about 3 medium sized, peeled and diced 1/2" thick)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning (dried, or use whatever dried or fresh herbs you like)
- salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh green beans (or frozen, chopped)
- 1 1/4 cups fresh corn (or frozen)
- 1 cup fresh peas (or frozen)
|Calories210Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Derek K. 21 days ago
Added some torn up rotisserie chicken and a bit more broth, which added some good flavor.
AwesomeChef 29 days ago
This soup is delicious! I made exactly as is but used vegetable broth for my vegetarian daughter instead of the chicken broth. I also left out the corn for less carbs. Sooo yummy! Thanks for sharing!
Shawn Waterman 17 Jan
loved it. good for when you are sick..
Daniela 18 Aug 2018
It was super easy and tasted great.
Christopher Galiffa G. 12 Jan 2018
This is a wonderful soup recipe and I’ve made it several times but with beef. I have modified it a little to make it somewhat my own
alicemary v. 31 Mar 2016
good! make it more better! i don't want to much sour! thank you for showing a new recipe if you take the tomato juice it will be more tasty