The photo speaks a thousand words. You and I both know that looks like the most delicious treat you have seen in awhile. Well today is your lucky day because this Homemade Vanilla Marshmallows recipe is pretty easy to prepare. Try out this Homemade Vanilla Marshmallows recipe for your family and shock them with this delectable treat. You will be sure to wow your family with this Homemade Vanilla Marshmallows recipe. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below or give this Homemade Vanilla Marshmallows recipe a star rating!
- 50 marshmallows (small)
- 7 grams gelatine (unflavored)
- 7.5 milliliters water
- 400 grams sugar
- 2 vanilla beans
- 50 grams egg whites
- confectioner's sugar
- potato starch (or cornstarch)
- Soak the gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes to soften it.
- In a saucepan, combine water and sugar, boil and cook for 5 to 10 minutes over high heat to make a syrup, until it reaches 125 degrees Celsius.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Split the vanilla beans in half and scrape the seeds with a knife.
- With an electric mixer, beat egg whites until stiff with vanilla seeds.
- Add the gelatine.
- Reduce speed, and pour the syrup directly without stopping.
- Keep beating until they completely cooled 5-7 minutes.
- Spread the mixture in a baking sheet. Level the surface with a spatula.
- Allow to cool for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare a mixture of icing sugar / cornstarch.
- Cut the marshmallow into cubes with an oiled knife (so it does not stick too much) and roll in the mixture.
- You can keep for 2/3 days in an airtight container.
|Calories60Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.