Homemade Spaghetti with Pesto SauceO Meu Tempero
If you grow your own basil, you'll want to commit this pesto recipe to memory, as it puts your crop to delicious use. This recipe calls for peanuts in place of more traditional pine nuts or walnuts, either of which could be substituted, and for tossing the pesto with cooked spaghetti, but the pesto is also excellent as a topping for crostini, a sandwich spread, stirred into risotto, or thinned with a bit of water and used as a salad dressing.
- 350 grams spaghetti
- salt (to taste)
- pasta (cooking water)
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- white pepper (to taste)
- 1Cook the spaghetti in boiling water seasoned with salt to al dente.
- 2Drain and reserve.
- 3Place basil, salt, garlic, peanuts and Parmesan cheese in the food processor and grind until it is well combined.
- 4Add the olive oil and grind again until smooth.
- 5Mix with the pasta and serve hot.