- 2 pounds lean ground beef (I use 92% lean)
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion (large, finely chopped)
- 1 green pepper (finely chopped)
- 6 stalks celery (finely sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 30 ounces tomato sauce
- 30 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cracked pepper (fresh, to taste)
|Calories700Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Christine VandeWettering 20 Feb
Oh so yummy plans to make it again!
Rashanda Dalton 24 Jan
The celery and sugar turned me off. Just two flavors that don't belong in spaghetti sauce.
Halie Mae 2 Jan
super easy to make! Made a whole lot of sauce we had plenty left over. it could feed about 10 people. It was just a bit Sweet so we had to add lots of salt.
Jessica Plowman 11 Dec 2018
I made this fantastic sauce for my 3rd grader’s birthday party. I also had pizza for the girls, but they couldn’t get enough of this sauce and we had a lot of leftover pizza. I was pleasantly surprised at how well this sauce was received. For flavor, I roasted the onion and peppers, and added two medium carrots as well, and then ran all of the vegetables through my food processor for texture reasons for the pickier kids.
Nancy Harris 21 Sep 2018
Really flavorful...easy and fast...will do again.
John Furlong 26 Aug 2018
Excellent..i added more fresh tomatoes from my garden
Christopher Fowlow 10 Jul 2017
Good! Made a half order and was very tasty!