Homemade Shrimp BisqueO Meu Tempero
This creamy soup would be perfect with toasts or croutons for contrasting crunch. The shrimp are used to flavor the broth but are not actually used in the soup, so reserve them for another use (or quickly toss them with melted butter and chopped fresh herbs and serve with the meal). The broth is thickened with a bit of flour and seasoned with hot sauce, for a welcome kick of heat.
- 1 kilogram large shrimp
- 2 liters cooking water
- 1 onions (peel)
- 1 teaspoon chili (sweet)
- 2 tablespoons wheat flour
- salt (to taste)
- hot sauce (to taste)
- 1Boil the shrimp in salted water along with the onion skin.
- 2Once shrimp are opaque and pink, remove from cooking water and cool slightly.
- 3Strain 2 liters of the cooking water and set aside.
- 4Remove the shrimp heads and mince in a food processor or blender.
- 5Add the cooking water and blend to combine.
- 6Pour through a sieve directly into a pan.
- 7Remove a little of the broth and mix with the flour until thoroughly combined.
- 8Add to the broth.
- 9Place the pan over medium heat.
- 10Stir until thickened.
- 11Add the sweet pepper, hot sauce and salt to taste.
- 12Serve with mini sandwiches or homemade croutons.
- 13The left over shrimp can be used in another meal.