- 1 package active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup water (warm)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 pound bulk pork sausages
- 2 tomatoes (large, peeled, seeded and chopped)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (snipped)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- For crust, in a mixing bowl soften yeast in warm water. Stir in sugar, oil, salt and 1 cup of the flour. Stir in the remaining flour. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead dough till smooth and elastic (6-8 minutes). Cover dough and let rest 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface roll dough into a 13-inch circle. Sprinkle cornmeal on a lightly greased 12-inch pizza pan. Transfer circle of dough to pizza pan. Build up edges slightly. Bake in a 425 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or till lightly browned.
- In a large skillet cook sausage over medium-high heat till browned; drain. In a saucepan cook chopped tomatoes over medium-high heat for 5 minutes; drain. Stir in Parmesan cheese, parsley, oregano and salt. Spread tomato mixture over crust. Sprinkle sausage and shredded mozzarella cheese atop. Return to the oven; bake for 10-12 minutes longer or until bubbly. Makes one 12-inch pizza.