Homemade PizzaO Meu Tempero
The dough that's used in this recipe can become your default dough for all of your pizza making, and it can even be prepared in advance so all you have to do is roll or stretch it out when ready to top and bake. The toppings here are open to interpretation, but the combination of sweet corn, fresh watercress, cooked bacon, roasted red peppers, and black olives is particularly delicious and a refreshing change of pace from more familiar options.
- 100 grams luke warm water
- 25 grams olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 200 grams bread flour
- 1 packet yeast
- tomato sauce
- grating cheese
- sweet corn (canned)
- watercress (fresh)
- bacon (rendered)
- roasted red peppers
- black olives
- 1Tip: For best results, weigh ingredients in a large bowl on a digital scale.
- 2For the dough, mix water, olive oil and salt in bowl and mix well.
- 3Add flour and yeast. Knead dough until no longer sticky and shape into a ball.
- 4Cover with plastic wrap or a large cotton cloth. Let dough rise in a warm, dry place until doubled in volume.
- 5Preheat oven to 220°C (approximately 425°F). Sprinkle work surface with flour. Sprinkle dough with a little more flour, if needed.
- 6Roll out with a rolling pin until dough reaches desired thickness. Let dough rest for a few minutes on a pizza pan lined with parchment paper before adding toppings.
- 7For the topping, brush dough with tomato sauce and sprinkle with grated cheese and a handful of sweet corn.
- 8Bake pizza in an oven preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
- 9Evenly arrange remaining ingredients on pizza: watercress, bacon, roasted red peppers, more sweet corn and black olives. Serve immediately.