Trust us. You have never had a Homemade Mole Sauce this light. Only 170 calories, this Homemade Mole Sauce can be prepared in 40 minutes or less! This is particular Homemade Mole Sauce recipe is also packed with flavor and meets the critieria of a Traditional Homemade Mole Sauce from Italian culture. We hope you enjoy this Homemade Mole Sauce recipe and would love to read your comments below. Happy Cooking!
- 5 chili peppers (poblano, dried, seeded, cut open in half)
- 1 spring onions
- 1 tomatoes (small)
- 300 milliliters chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 10 almonds
- 10 raisins
- 1/4 rolls (bread)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt (as desired)
- Toast the poblano peppers using a frying pan on high until they brown.
- Remove the poblano peppers from the frying pan and put them in a medium bowl with hot water until they soften.
- Roast the spring onion and tomato using a griddle on high for 5 minutes.
- Strain the poblano peppers and mix them with the spring onion, tomato, sesame seeds, almonds, raisins, bread roll, and 150 milliliters chicken stock using a food processor/blender.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet on low flame.
- Pour the blended sauce in the skillet using a strainer, and let it cook at low until the sauce thickens. If it’s too thick, add the remaining chicken stock.
- Serve with chicken breasts or rice. You can also store the Mole Sauce in a sealed container for up to 1 month in the freezer.
PER SERVING *
|Calories170Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.