- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin (powdered)
- 1/2 cup cold water (divided)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4,860 grams graham crackers (broken in half)
- 9 ounces chocolate bar (broken into 1 1/2-ounce squares)
- Add gelatin and ¼ cup water to bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Mini Stand Mixer. Attach bowl and Wire Whip to mixer.
- Combine remaining ¼ cup water, granulated sugar, corn syrup and salt in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until candy thermometer registers 240°F. Remove from heat.
- Turn mixer to Speed 4 and carefully pour hot sugar mixture in a slow stream down the side of the bowl. Gradually turn to Speed 10 and whip mixture 15 minutes. Add vanilla extract and whip until combined.
- Combine powdered sugar and cornstarch in small bowl.Lightly grease 4 1/2 x 9-inch loaf pan with nonstick pan spray. Dust with 1 tablespoon powdered sugar mixture.
- Transfer marshmallow mixture to prepared pan using lightly oiled spatula, smoothing the top. Dust with 1 tablespoon powdered sugar mixture. Let stand at room temperature at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove marshmallow from pan and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes using knife dusted with powdered sugar. Dust marshmallows on all sides with remaining powdered sugar mixture. To serve, place one marshmallow cube and one chocolate piece between two graham cracker squares.