Lasagna is a hearty comfort food that is perfect for family dinners. This version features salami and beef as well as three different types of cheese for a ton of flavor. This is a great meal to make on a chilly fall evening when you want to cozy up with a plate of hot food. Serve this with a lightly dressed green salad for a balanced and filling meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots (minced)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (minced)
- 650 grams beef (ground)
- 10 slices salami (minced)
- 680 grams tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup red wine
- pasta (Lasagna, as desired)
- 100 grams oaxaca cheese (ground)
- 200 grams mozzarella cheese (ground)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (ground)
- 1 cup water
- salt (as desired)
- pepper (as desired)
- Preheat a large cooking pot with the olive oil to medium-high.
- Add the carrots, onion, and celery to the pot. Let it cook for 15 minutes until the onions brown.
- Add the salami and let it cook for 1 minute.
- Add the beef, and season with salt and pepper while stirring.
- Add the tomato sauce, water, and red wine and let it cook for 30 minutes on low.
- 15 minutes before the bolognese sauce is ready, preheat the oven at 180C.
- Place 1 lasagna pasta layer in a lasagna pan.
- Place a layer of bolognese sauce over the pasta, and then cover with another pasta layer.
- Place a layer of oaxaca and mozzarella cheese, cover with another pasta layer.
- Place again a layer of bolognese sauce, cover with pasta, add a cheese layer, and repeat the layering as desired.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top of the lasagna.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the lasagna from the oven and let it cool off for 15 minutes before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories480Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.