Homemade KetchupEl invitado de invierno
Make your own tasty condiment at home with this recipe for Homemade Ketchup. Made from a combination of tomatoes, onions, and apples, this smooth sweet tomato condiment is the perfect dipping sauce for your favorite finger foods and pairs greatly with any barbecue food. Ready in less than an hour, this Homemade Ketchup has no added preservatives and is made from all natural ingredients making it a condiment you can feel good about serving to your family.
- 400 grams onions (peeled and diced)
- 40 grams virgin olive oil
- 1,000 kilograms tomatoes (ripe, quartered)
- 280 grams granny smith apples (or another acidic variety, peeled and chopped)
- 160 grams sugar (unrefined)
- 200 grams apple cider vinegar
- 20 grams salt
- 2 clove
- 3 whole peppercorns (allspice)
- 1Saute the onion in the virgin olive oil until tender, about 9 minutes.
- 2Add the tomatoes and simmer 20 minutes.
- 3Then add the apples, sugar, vinegar, salt, cloves, and allspice. Stir together and simmer another 20 minutes.
- 4Blend everything together until smooth. If the mixture is not thick enough, continue simmering until the tomato’s liquid reduces more.