Make your own tasty condiment at home with this recipe for Homemade Ketchup. Made from a combination of tomatoes, onions, and apples, this smooth sweet tomato condiment is the perfect dipping sauce for your favorite finger foods and pairs greatly wi…
h any barbecue food. Ready in less than an hour, this Homemade Ketchup has no added preservatives and is made from all natural ingredients making it a condiment you can feel good about serving to your family.
- 400 grams onion (peeled and diced)
- 40 grams virgin olive oil
- 1,000 kilograms tomatoes (ripe, quartered)
- 280 grams granny smith apples (or another acidic variety, peeled and chopped)
- 160 grams sugar (unrefined)
- 200 grams apple cider vinegar
- 20 grams salt
- 2 cloves
- 3 whole peppercorns (allspice)
- Saute the onion in the virgin olive oil until tender, about 9 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer 20 minutes.
- Then add the apples, sugar, vinegar, salt, cloves, and allspice. Stir together and simmer another 20 minutes.
- Blend everything together until smooth. If the mixture is not thick enough, continue simmering until the tomato’s liquid reduces more.