- 1 onion (large, peeled and chopped)
- 1 stalk celery (roughly chopped)
- 1 piece fresh ginger (peeled and chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 chili pepper (deseeded and finely chopped)
- 1 roasted red pepper
- olive oil
- 2 pounds fresh tomatoes (chopped)
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- fine sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (more or less to taste)
|Calories170Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Mary F. 7 months ago
This was perfect. My kids never liked my old traditional tomato sauce, made with cloves and highly spiced. I wanted something that looked like bought ketchup and was delicious, and they love it. The chilli adds the perfect little kick, and the roasted pepper is perfect.
Rachael C 7 months ago
I left celery out because I dont care for it in any way. It turned out really well! Its a little sweeter than I would have liked but I think this ketchup recipe will go with just about anything I would use it for.
Edward Rea 10 months ago
The ingredients and the instructions contradict each other. It says add a cup of water. Water is not any ingredients. However red wine vinegar is in brown sugar… I’m assuming that she go in while it boils. We’ll see how it goes. Please read your instructions and your ingredients before posting
Brasileiro Sampaio a year ago
Love it. Added a bit more ginger, so in the end the taste is a bit more spicy.
Tammy H. 2 years ago
I tried it, and it turned out great! Taste better than bottled ketchup! :)