- olive oil (or sesame oil)
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (or more)
- 1 pound italian sausage (optional)
- 1 whole onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- italian seasoning
- ground pepper (Fresh)
- bay leaves
- 2 jars ragu (or Prego)
- lasagna noodles (or Spaghetti Ricotta cheese)
- shredded mozzarella cheese (Thin)
- Cook 1 day in advance. Saute meat in olive oil (or sesame oil). After meat has been sauteed add your spices (onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, ground pepper, paprika, oregano, bay leaves, cayenne, marjoram, add spices to your own personal taste).
- Let simmer. When meat starts browning use 1/4 cup of (any house brandy or liquor) let simmer for 10 minutes. Add 1/2 bottle of beer or 1/2 cup of wine. Simmer another 10 minutes, then add 1/2 cup more of your beer or wine. Next add 1 jar of Prego or Ragu sauce. Simmer 1/2 hour, then add 1 more jar and let cook for 2-3 hours. Simmer on medium heat and stir.
- Next Day: Boil lasagna noodles in salt water with 2 tablespoons oil. Use medium-large pan. When noodles are cooked to proper softness, layer pan with thin layer of noodles. Next use a thin layer of sauce over noodles. Continue alternating sauce and noodles. Next day ricotta cheese (mixed with sauce, enough to spread). Add another layer of noodles and sauce. Top it off with mozzarella cheese on the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 1/2 hour.