These ham and cheese croissants make for an indulgent breakfast. Flaky puff pastry wraps around salty ham and creamy cheese to from the perfect little pastry. Using pre-made puff pastry means these come together in little time and fairly easily, and you only need 4 simple ingredients. A light egg wash on the puff pastry before baking ensures it will come out of the oven with a shiny and golden finish.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 6 slices virginia ham
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Make a paper pattern so all of the puff pastry pieces come out the same size. Cut a triangle with a 10-centimeter base and with a height of 26 centimeters. Measure the height from the center of the base. Using this pattern also helps make best use of the puff pastry and not have a lot of little pieces left over.
- Cut the puff pastry using the paper pattern for help and place a slice of ham and cheese on top. In the middle of the base of the puff pastry, cut out a small triangle. This will help when rolling the croissant.
- Start by rolling from the wide end towards the skinny end very carefully.
- Finish by curving the pastry into the well-known croissant half-moon shape. Place the croissants on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Coat the tops of the pastry with beaten egg so they come out shiny.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes until puffed and golden.
PER SERVING *
|Calories290Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.