Homemade Ham and Cheese CroissantRecetas del Señor Señor
These ham and cheese croissants make for an indulgent breakfast. Flaky puff pastry wraps around salty ham and creamy cheese to from the perfect little pastry. Using pre-made puff pastry means these come together in little time and fairly easily, and you only need 4 simple ingredients. A light egg wash on the puff pastry before baking ensures it will come out of the oven with a shiny and golden finish.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 6 slices virginia ham
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 eggs
- 1Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- 2Make a paper pattern so all of the puff pastry pieces come out the same size. Cut a triangle with a 10-centimeter base and with a height of 26 centimeters. Measure the height from the center of the base. Using this pattern also helps make best use of the puff pastry and not have a lot of little pieces left over.
- 3Cut the puff pastry using the paper pattern for help and place a slice of ham and cheese on top. In the middle of the base of the puff pastry, cut out a small triangle. This will help when rolling the croissant.
- 4Start by rolling from the wide end towards the skinny end very carefully.
- 5Finish by curving the pastry into the well-known croissant half-moon shape. Place the croissants on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- 6Coat the tops of the pastry with beaten egg so they come out shiny.
- 7Bake 15 to 17 minutes until puffed and golden.
PER SERVING *
|Calories290Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.