Power your day with this delicious breakfast. Oats, dried fruit, seeds, and nuts all combine to give your body what it needs to start your day right. Hints of agave nectar, applesauce, and cinnamon all combine to give this dish just the right amount of that something extra. You’re biggest challenge will be to stop eating because your mouth will want more.
- 200 grams agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 200 grams applesauce
- 300 grams old-fashioned oats
- 100 grams seed (mix: sunflower seeds, flaxseed, squash seeds, sesame seeds, etc.)
- 100 grams nuts (shelled, like hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts ...)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 200 grams dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- In a saucepan heat the syrup, oil, and applesauce until the mixture is liquid.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, seeds, nuts and cinnamon.
- Mix in the syrup mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to 2 oven dishes.
- Bake the granola for 45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Add the dried fruit.
- Serve with plain yogurt and fresh fruit.