- 350 grams potatoes (floury)
- 100 grams plain flour
- 1 small eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts (approx 175g each)
- 3 spring onions (washed and cut into diagonal slices)
- 200 grams double cream (lactose free)
- 200 grams cream cheese (lactose free)
- To make the gnocchi, wash the potatoes thoroughly and boil in their skins for 20 mins. Cool the potatoes under cold water, drain and remove the skins. Put the warm potatoes through a potato ricer or grate into a bowl, then season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Put the fluffy potatoes on a floured work surface, add the flour and eggs a bit at a time and knead gently to form a smooth dough. Don't overwork it, or you will start to release the gluten in the flour and end up with chewy gnocchi. Roll out the dough to 3/4 inch thick, cut into small pieces and with floured hands, shape into balls. Press flat with a fork.
- In a large pot of salted water, boil the gnocchi in batches so that they have room to cook evenly. When the gnocchi float to the surface, lift out with a slotted spoon and drain well. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet and fry the gnocchi, turning frequently for 4-5 minutes. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Cut the chicken into strips and sauté in 1 tbsp of heated oil for 4-5 mins, turning once or twice. Deglaze the sticky meat juices with 2/3 cup water and the cream, bring to a boil and stir in the cream cheese. Add the gnocchi and spring onions, bring to a boil, season with salt and pepper and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories650Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.