- colored sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- food colors (McCormick® Color from Nature™ -)
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup cold water (divided)
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin (1/4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract (McCormick®)
- For the Colored Sugar, place sugar in large resealable plastic bag. Select your desired Marshmallow Variation in the tips section below and add the designated amount of the Color from Nature™ Food Colors with the sugar. Seal bag. Knead sugar to distribute color. Add water; seal bag and knead again until the color is evenly distributed. Spread colored sugar on a large rimmed baking sheet. Let stand 25 to 30 minutes or until sugar is dried. Spray 13x9 baking dish with no stick cooking spray then coat with some of the colored sugar. Set aside.
- For the Marshmallows, microwave sugar, 1/2 cup of the water, and corn syrup in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 7 minutes. Stir to dissolve sugar. Microwave on HIGH 5 minutes longer. (Mixture will have a slight yellow tint.) Carefully remove hot bowl from microwave.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup water in large mixer bowl. Sprinkle with gelatin. Let stand 5 minutes. Gradually beat in hot syrup mixture with whisk attachment on medium-low speed. Beat 8 minutes. Increase speed to medium-high. Beat 10 to 12 minutes longer or until mixture is fluffy, shiny and at least tripled in volume. Beat in vanilla.
- Spread marshmallow mixture in prepared pan. Smooth top with a spatula. Sprinkle some more of the colored sugar on top to coat. Let stand at room temperature overnight or refrigerate at least 3 hours. Reserve remaining colored sugar in large resealable plastic bag or airtight container.
- Cut marshmallows with 1- to 2-inch Easter cookie cutters. Add marshmallows in batches to reserved colored sugar in bag; toss to coat well. Shake off excess. Store marshmallows in airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.
PER SERVING *
|Calories740Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.