You don't really need a full-fledged recipe to make homemade croutons, which are easy enough for even novice cooks to pull off. But this one is as basic as it gets, and provides an excellent launch pan for creating your own innovative croutons (by a…
ding fresh or dried herbs or spices, switching up the type of bread used, and/or incorporating parmesan cheese or other ingredients to vary the flavor profile).
- day old bread
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- dried oregano (to taste)
- Cut the bread into squares.
- Heat a large frying pan, and add bread and garlic or garlic paste.
- Let toast for a while, then drizzle with olive oil and mix.
- Season with salt and pepper and finally the dried oregano or any other herb of choice.
- When the bread is golden brown, turn off the heat and remove the garlic clove.