With just five simple ingredients, this recipe for Homemade Cream Pots makes a delicious dessert ready in just 30 minutes. Smooth and cool, this homemade cream custard is made with vanilla bean for a robust vanilla flavor. Pour into individual glasses or custard dishes and serve. Best served cool. If you do not have whole vanilla bean, you can substitute vanilla extract. Cornstarch is used as the thickening agent in this homemade cream pot recipe.
- 850 grams whole milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 7 egg yolks
- 90 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Put the milk in a pot on low heat.
- Open the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out the pods inside. Add them to the milk.
- Separately, break the egg yolks into a bowl and whisk them together with the sugar.
- When you start to see bubbles along the walls of the milk pot, turn off the heat and cover to let the vanilla infuse the milk.
- Once the milk has cooled a bit, ladle it little by little into the egg yolks while continually whisking so it does not scramble the eggs.
- At this point, whisk in the cornstarch as well.
- When the yolks have warmed up, pour them into the milk pot and return the pot to low heat.
- Continually stir, scraping the bottom of the pot while the milk thickens and coats the back of the spoon. If using a food thermometer, make sure the temperature does not exceed 80 degrees Celsius.
- Carefully pour the cream into serving dishes making sure not to cause bubbles on the surface. Cool and serve.
|Calories210Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.