Homemade Chocolate WafersChloé Delice
If dark chocolate combined with milk chocolate to create a crispy confection that is out of this world. These Homemade Fine Chocolate Wafers are perfect for a holiday gathering or special occasion. They also are great if you want to show off your culinary skills at a backyard barbecue or office party. Be sure to pick of these ingredients the next time you go grocery shopping so you can surprise your loved ones with a decadent sweet treat.
- 80 grams softened butter
- 80 grams sugar
- milk (5 cl.)
- 200 grams flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 50 grams milk chocolate
- 1Melt the butter with the sugar and milk.
- 2Mix and let cool, stirring so that the butter does not get hard.
- 3Sift flour and baking powder together. Make a well in the middle, and add the milk mixture.
- 4Stir until mixture is smooth.
- 5Form a ball, cover with plastic wrap, and let stand for 3 hours.
- 6Meanwhile crush dark chocolate and milk chocolate, melt in a water bath or double boiler.
- 7Spoon melted chocolate in molds.
- 8Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- 9Repeat the process. Set aside in a cool place.
- 10Preheat oven to 340F.
- 11On a floured surface, roll out the dough to 3 millimeters thick, and cut out cookies with a cookie-cutter.
- 12Bake for 12 minutes at 340 F, until cookies are golden.
- 14To assemble the cookies, put a little melted chocolate on a cookie, and top with a chocolate wafer.
- 15Let cool.