Homemade Chicken StockRecetas del Señor Señor
Chicken stock is a great recipe to master as it acts as a great base for a lot of delicious recipes. You can use it as the base for soups and stews, or use it to cook your grains for a dish with a ton of flavor. A mix of fragrant and flavorful vegetables are mixed with chicken and then covered in water to create liquid kitchen gold. By cooking it in a pressure cooker, you save a little bit of time. If you don't have a pressure cooker, you can easily make it in a large stockpot, just simmer it for 2-3 hours. You can store any extra chicken stock in the freezer for later use, just defrost before you are ready to cook with it.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onions (peeled and chopped)
- 2 chicken carcass
- 1 turnips (chopped)
- 2 leeks (chopped)
- 1 potatoes (chopped)
- 1 celery ribs (trimmed and chopped)
- 2 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 chicken breasts (organic)
- 200 grams beef shank
- 1 beef (knee bone)
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 chicken feet
- fresh parsley (minced)
- ground black pepper
- 1Add the oil to a large pot on medium heat. Add the onion and 1 chicken carcass. Saute for 10 minutes.
- 2Add the turnip, leeks, potato, celery, carrots, remaining chicken carcass, chicken breast, beef shank, beef knee bone, bay leaves, chicken feet, and a pinch each of parsley, salt, and black pepper to taste to a pressure cooker.
- 3Cover everything with water and place on high heat.
- 4Bring to a boil. The bones will start to create a foam on top. Remove this foam little by little.
- 5Cover with the lid and boil 40 minutes.
- 6Once done, strain half the stock and add more water to the pot. Cook another 20 minutes. Once done with the second batch, strain it and add it to the first batch. Let cool, skim fat off the top. Freeze what is not used immediately.