You don’t need an outdoor grill to make delicious hamburgers; these are first cooked on the stove to brown the first side, then flipped, topped with cheese, and placed under the broiler until cheese is melted and the burgers cooked to the desired doneness. Sliced red onion, lettuce, and mashed avocado with corn and lime zest are layered with the burgers on the buns, which are spread with barbecue sauce.
- 1 red onion
- 2 avocados
- 2 tablespoons corn kernels
- 1/2 lime zest (and juice)
- 600 grams ground beef
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- barbecue sauce
- 8 lettuce leaves (depending on size)
- Peel the onion and cut into thin slices.
- Open 2 avocados, remove the pit, and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Place in a bowl and mash with a fork. Add 2 tablespoons of corn kernels, zest and juice of half a lime, a little coriander, and salt. Mix.
- Form 4 burgers with ground beef, pressing well in your hands.
- Heat a pan with butter and add the meat. Cook for 2 minutes on the first side, turn over and place thin slices of cheddar.
- Place the pan under the oven grill to continue cooking and melt the cheese. It takes about 4 to 8 minutes depending on the desired doneness of your meat.
- Prepare your hamburger buns.
- Cut in half.
- Turn on the grill of your oven.
- Put the barbecue sauce on each half.
- On the base of the bread, add the mashed avocado, the lettuce leaf, the cooked burger with melted cheese, the onions, and close the burger.
|Calories760Calories from Fat450|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat450|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.