- 3 tablespoons whole milk (warmed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (divided)
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1,250 grams eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup butter (cut up, softened)
- 1 teaspoon smoked salt (flakes)
- Mix milk, yeast and a pinch of sugar in small bowl; cover. Let stand 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Add flour, remaining sugar and kosher salt to Bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Stand Mixer. Attach Bowl and Dough Hook to Mixer. Turn to Speed 2 and mix until combined.
- Continuing on Speed 2, add eggs and yeast mixture. Mix 8 minutes or until dough is uniform in texture. Stop and scrape side of bowl.
- Continuing on Speed 2, gradually add chunks of butter, mixing well after each addition. When all the butter is added,turn to Speed 4. Mix 10 to 15 minutes or until dough is smooth and shiny. Transfer to large bowl; cover. Let rise at room temperature 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough gently and shape into oblong loaf. Place in greased 8x5-inch loaf pan; cover. Let rise at room temperature 40 to 50 minutes.
- Preheat convection oven to 350°F (or 400°F for standard oven). Sprinkle top of loaf with smoked salt. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown.