This recipe as an American favorite. The bread has a crispy outside with a soft inside. Baked in an oven when taken out the bread is golden brown with a light and airy feel.
- 500 grams bread flour
- 10 grams salt
- 300 milliliters water (warm)
- 5 grams fresh yeast
- In a bowl, blend the flour and the salt using an electric mixer. Slowly add the water. A few minutes before mixing completely, add the yeast. Knead the dough by hand until it is no longer sticky.
- Cover the bowl with a moist towel and place the bowl in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough with a knife into 120-gram portions. Let the portions rest for another 15 minutes, covering them with a moist rag.
- Press down on the dough balls, creating 20 to 25-centimeter long rectangles.
- Fold the two edges towards the center.
- Fold in half.
- Firmly press down and create a loaf shape.
- Place the loaves on top of a cotton or linen rag, sprinkled with flour. Create creases between the loaves so they won’t stick together. Let them rest for 90 minutes covered with a moist rag.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place a pan containing wet rags and water in the oven, this will create vapor and make the bread crust crispy.
- Place the loaves on a baking sheet, create a lengthwise cut on each loaf using a sharp knife. Sprinkle some flour on the loaves.
- Bake at 200 C for about 15 minutes using the convection oven setting.
- Take out of the oven and cool on a rack.
PER SERVING *
|Calories230Calories from Fat10|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat10|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.