Home Cooked MeatballsO Meu Tempero
What's so great about meatballs, besides their meaty taste and texture, is that they are so versatile in how they can be served. Besides the most popular choice, with spaghetti, rice, or polenta, or piled onto a hard for for a meatball sub. These meatballs are prepared the traditional way, with a ground beef and pork and the usual seasonings and egg and breadcrumbs as the binders. They are also first cooked until browned all over and then simmered in tomatoes to cook through.
- 800 grams ground meat (beef and pork)
- 1 carrots
- 1 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 tablespoons bread crumbs
- ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can peeled tomatoes
- 1Place meat in a bowl.
- 2Grind carrot, onion and garlic in the blender.
- 3Mix meat and vegetables.
- 4Add egg, parsley, basil, breadcrumbs and season with salt, and pepper to taste.
- 5Mix well. Shape mixture into meatballs.
- 6Heat oil and 1 bay leaf in a large frying pan and fry meatballs.
- 7Add chopped, peeled tomatoes and all the juice from the can.
- 8Cover and cook over medium heat.
- 9Serve with pasta, rice, vegetables, or a salad, if desired.