Russell Van Camp of Spokane, WA uses mole sauce for this Latin inspired roast that won first place at the Spokane Interstate Fair. Serve with Corn Pudding and a green salad.
- 3 pounds pork loin roast (boneless)
- 2 tablespoons sauce (mole*, Dona Maria™ Mole recommended)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5/8 ounce taco seasoning
- Slice pork loin lengthwise about 1 inch from the outside edge, then cut again lengthwise every inch toward the center to flatten out the pork loin. (It will be uneven.)
- In medium bowl, stir together mole sauce and honey until smooth. Spread over the center section of the pork loin. Roll up pork (like a jelly roll); tie it with cotton string in three places to hold together.
- Rub taco seasoning liberally over pork; grill over medium-hot fire (about 350 degrees F.). Cover; cook for 50 to 60 minutes (about 20 minutes per pound) turning halfway through cooking time; or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from grill; let rest about 10 minutes. Cut into 1/2 - inch slices.