Holiday Chocolate CandyOn dine chez Nanou
If you are feeling adventurous and want to try something new for your next holiday party, then try making this Holiday Chocolate Candy recipe, which makes 20 morsels and takes 90 minutes to prepare. There is so much chocolate in this recipe, it is bursting with decadence. It also is filled with salty hazelnuts and sweet oranges. We hope you and your guests enjoy this as much as we do.
- 200 grams sugar
- 100 grams hazelnuts
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 200 grams chocolate (with hazelnuts)
- cocoa powder
- 150 grams almond paste
- 100 grams chocolate (with hazelnuts)
- 100 grams milk chocolate (or dark)
- 250 grams almond paste
- 100 grams white chocolate
- 1 orange
- candied orange peel
- milk chocolate (or Dark)
- 1Heat the sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until it melts and becomes a light caramel.
- 2Add hazelnuts and stir quickly with a wooden spoon.
- 3Spread the caramelized hazelnuts on a parchment paper and let cool.
- 4When cool, cover with a second sheet of parchment paper and roll with the rolling pin over pressing to break into pieces.
- 5In a saucepan over low heat, melt the dark chocolate and hazelnut chocolate.
- 6Stir to smooth.
- 7When melted, add the hazelnut brittle pieces.
- 8Pour this mixture onto a parchment paper, spread to form a 1.5 cm layer.
- 9Allow to harden for 2 hours.
- 10Cut irregular pieces with a knife and roll them in the cocoa powder.
- 11Keep cool and take them out 5 minutes before serving.
- 12Cut the hazelnut chocolate bar into small sticks 0.5 cm thick and 1 cm long.
- 13Roll out the almond paste using icing sugar to make an rectangle 0.5 cm thick.
- 14Cut strips 0.5 cm but 4 cm long.
- 15Take a piece of chocolate and wrap it with a piece of almond paste.
- 16Then make a ball rolling it in your hand. Set them aside.
- 17Melt the chocolate in the microwave and dip each ball in chocolate.
- 18Allow to harden by placing them on a sheet of parchment paper
- 19Melt the white chocolate, mix it with the almond paste and zest of an orange.
- 20Shape this mixture into small balls.
- 21Let harden one hour in the freezer.
- 22Melt the chocolate in the microwave, dip the balls of marzipan.
- 23Top each ball with a piece of candied orange.
- 24Allow to harden on a sheet of parchment paper.
PER SERVING *
|Calories320Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.