Trying new ethnic dishes is always fun. This Hokkaido Japanese Super Soft Milk Bread recipe is guaranteed to please. It takes 105 minutes to prepare this four-serving recipe. Everyone will enjoy these sweet and savory treats. Serve them up with your…
favorite Japanese dinner for a ethnic celebration. This rich and creamy bread recipe combines sweet and savory ingredients to pack a palate pleasing punch. We know you will enjoy this treat.
- 50 grams flour
- 125 milliliters water
- 125 milliliters milk
- 185 grams tangzhong
- 540 grams wheat flour
- 85 grams granulated sugar
- 8 grams salt
- 10 grams milk powder (skimmed)
- 11 grams instant yeast (or dry bakery)
- 85 grams egg
- 60 grams heavy cream
- 55 grams milk (fresh)
- 50 grams melted butter
- 1 egg (for glaze)
- In a saucepan, combine flour, water and milk. On low heat, stirring, bring mixture to a temperature of 65 degrees Celsius, the mixture will thicken to have the consistency of thick cream.
- Let it cool in a bowl covered with a plastic film. Can be prepared the day before.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- In mixer bowl, add tangzhong, wheat flour, sugar, salt, milk powder, egg, cream, and milk. Begin kneading gently, after 3 to 4 minutes add the melted butter.
- Knead for 5 to 7 minutes to get a homogeneous, well-softened dough.
- Cover the bowl of the food processor with a plastic wrap. Let dough rise for 45 minutes in a draft free location.
- Grease a 20 centimeter long baking pan.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut into 3 equal parts, form balls. Roll one ball into an oval. Lengthwise, fold one side to center, fold other side on top of first fold. Then, roll up the dough lengthwise to form a roll. Repeat with remaining 2 dough balls.
- Place all 3 rolls in baking pan side by side.
- Allow dough to rise until doubling in volume.
- Brush egg yolk on dough.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
|Calories820Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.