These are not just any cookies, these are Hojarasca Cookies. Have you ever tried Hojarasca Cookies? Well today is your lucky day. These Hojarasca Cookies are not only healthy but packed with flavor. You will love baking these Hojarasca Cookies with your family and serving them in a cookie jar on the kitchen table. Let us know your thoughts about our Hojarasca Cookies recipe in the comments below or by giving this recipe a star rating.
- 1 1/2 cups corn flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the corn flour and wheat flour with the baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Cream the shortening and butter until smooth, then add the sugar and beat until fluffy. Add the egg and beat until smooth.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients. Beat until the ingredients are mixed together.
- Knead by hand for 2 minutes. Stretch the dough with a rolling pin and cut out the cookies using a cookie cutter.
- Place on baking trays lined with parchment.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Take out from the oven when the edges are golden brown.
- For the sugar cover, mix the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the cookies while still warm.
|Calories970Calories from Fat490|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat490|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.