This flavorful savory glaze is good for a basic boneless ham. Also a nice touch to offer in a side dish at the dinner table to flavor to their taste.
- 1 cup plum jam
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons green onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger root (grated)
- In a microwave-safe 2-cup glass measuring cup or bowl, whisk together ingredients. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Brush half of mixture on ham prior to baking. Brush remaining sauce over ham just as it comes out of the oven.
- Makes about 1 1/4 cups glaze.
- For a lighter flavor, offer glaze in a side dish at the dinner table for guests to flavor to their taste.