Leftover roasted pork goes into this summer salad. Try this salad with different fresh herbs. Durning peak corn season, replace the frozen corn with fresh corn taken off the cob.
- 1 pound cooked pork roast (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 24 ounces frozen corn (thawed)
- 1 1/2 cups roma tomatoes (diced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (minced)
- leaf lettuce
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 cup water (divided)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- For Vinaigrette, stir together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; blend thoroughly. In small saucepan, bring remaining 3/4 cup water to boil; stir in cornstarch mixture; cook and stir to thicken. Remove from heat, cool completely and stir in remaining Vinaigrette ingredients. Store in refrigerator if made ahead.
- For salad, gently toss together pork, corn, tomatoes and herbs in large bowl. Pour Vinaigrette over, toss gently. Serve on leaf lettuce.