Change the flavor of this basic marinate by experimenting with other combinations of herbs. Serve with grilled vegetable kabobs and pasta salad.
- 4 New York pork chops (top loin, 1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh sage (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- fresh herbs (Additional, optional)
- Brush chops with lemon juice. In a small bowl combine oil, herbs and pepper; mix well. Rub herb mixture on both sides of chops. Arrange in a baking dish; cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Place pork on grill, about 5 inches over slow coals. Grill 9-12 minutes, turning once, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.. Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired.
Linda 1 Oct
I was in a rush and didn't read the directions close enough. I combined all the ingredients and let my chops marinade about 20 minutes. I seared the chops for a coup!e of minutes per side, transferred to a baking dish and topped with the leftover marinade. I baked them at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes until they were done. They were delicious! I