Couscous is usually found near the rice or noodle aisle at many grocery stores.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup green onions (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (OR Italian seasoning, crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup couscous (quick-cooking)
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes or until tender. Add broth, peas, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork before serving.