- 8 ounces pasta (such as spaghetti or linguine)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons basil (McCormick Gourmet™)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder (McCormick Gourmet™, California)
- 1 teaspoon rosemary (McCormick Gourmet™, Crushed)
- 3 tablespoons flour (divided)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thin-sliced)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 1 onion (small, finely chopped)
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes (petite, drained)
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock (Kitchen Basics®)
- 2 tablespoons fat free half and half
- Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain well. Meanwhile, mix seasonings in shallow dish. Reserve 2 teaspoons. Stir 2 tablespoons of the flour into remaining seasoning mixture in dish. Coat chicken in seasoned flour. Discard any remaining seasoned flour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken in batches; cook 2 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Add additional 1 tablespoon oil as needed. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon flour. Add tomatoes, stock and reserved seasoning mixture; bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes. Stir in half-and –half. Return chicken to skillet; cook until heated through. Serve with pasta.
PER SERVING *
|Calories390Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jennifer M. 15 Mar 2016
Repeated thank you's from my husband for this dish! It was so good I'd make it again I used rigatoni noodles