Chicken roasted in butter, herbs, and garlic will have everyone's mouths watering before it even comes out of the oven.
- 1 whole roasting chicken (4-5 lb.)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil, and position a roasting rack in the pan.
- Remove and discard the giblets from the cavity of the chicken.