Herb & Garlic Roasted ChickenYummly
Chicken roasted in butter, herbs, and garlic will have everyone's mouths watering before it even comes out of the oven.
- 5 pounds whole roasting chicken
- 2 teaspoons salt
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- 2Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil and position a roasting rack inside of it.
- 3Remove the giblets from the cavity of the chicken and discard. Rinse the chicken under cold water and thoroughly pat dry with paper towels.
- 4Liberally season the chicken with the salt and black pepper, to taste, taking care to season the outside as well as the internal cavity.
- 5Place the softened butter in a medium bowl.
- 6Finely grate or press the garlic clove into the bowl of butter.
- 7With a sharp knife, mince the fresh parsley and dill. Remove the stems from the rosemary and thyme, and mince.
- 8Add the minced herbs to the bowl of butter.
- 9Use a fork to stir the garlic and herbs into the butter until they are evenly distributed.
- 10With clean hands, rub the herb-garlic butter all over the surface of the chicken, and under the breast skin.
- 11Transfer the chicken breast-side up onto the roasting rack.
- 12Tie the legs securely together with kitchen twine. Tuck the wing tips underneath the body of the chicken.
- 13Transfer the roasting pan to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- 14Roast the chicken for 80-90 minutes, or until the thickest part of the chicken breast reaches an internal temperature of 160° F.
- 15Remove the roasting pan from the oven.
- 16Allow the chicken to rest on the roasting rack for 10 minutes.
- 17Transfer the chicken to a cutting board. Carve as desired, and serve.