- 1 pound asparagus (OR one 10-oz package frozen cut asparagus)
- 1/2 cup carrots (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper (coarsely copped)
- 1 green onion (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (OR basil, crushed)
- If using fresh asparagus, snap off woody bases; discard bases. Cut spears into bite-size pieces. Cook fresh asparagus, carrot, bell pepper and green onion in saucepan in small amount of boiling water about 5 minutes or just until tender. (If using frozen asparagus, cook vegetables according to asparagus package directions.) Meanwhile, combine butter, mustard and thyme or basil in small bowl. Drain vegetables; toss with butter mixture.