- 3 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh tarragon (chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano (chopped)
- 1 pound green beans
- 1/2 cup shallots (minced)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup pork stock
- 2 heads bibb lettuce (OR Boston lettuce, cleaned)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup shallot (chopped)
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the chopped herbs together and divide in half. Cover half the herbs and refrigerate until later. Season the pork roast with salt and pepper. Rub the other half of chopped herbs all over the pork, including both ends. Place the pork roast on a roasting rack into preheated oven.
- Cook roast 50-60 minutes or until you reach an internal temperature between 145 degrees F. (medium-rare) to 160 degrees F. (medium). Remove roast from the oven carefully remove the rack from the pan. Pour out juice into a bowl with the reserved chopped herbs. Baste the top of the roast with herb mixture. Tent lightly with foil and let rest 20 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, make the green beans: Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, add green beans and blanch until tender, about 2 to 4 minutes. Then place them in ice water to shock them and stop the cooking process.
- To make the salad: In a bowl, pull cleaned lettuce leafs apart and tear into bite sized pieces.
- To make the dressing: Place the herbs, buttermilk, honey, and apple cider vinegar into a blender carafe. Begin blending and slowly add the grapeseed oil in a steady stream until the dressing emulsifies. Season with salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve: Place a large sauté pan over medium low heat. Sweat the shallots in butter; add the beans and pork stock. Raise the heat to medium high and reduce the liquid until the beans are nicely glazed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Wanda C. 1 Jul
Delicious and so tender, my family loved it