- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders (Substitutions available boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips)
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves (McCormick®)
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Black Pepper (Ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (McCormick®)
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 10 minutes or until browned. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in tomatoes, water and seasonings. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in spinach; cook 2 minutes or until spinach begins to wilt.
PER SERVING *
|Calories290Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Lisa O. 20 days ago
Delicious! It took a little longer than the recipe said, but it was worth the wait. Hubby and 4 year old devoured!
Russ 9 Apr
I got caught off guard by this one. I didn’t think a spice maker could put together a recipe that I enjoyed so much but they really scored. I went with chard instead of spinach for a little more texture and it was amazing on day one. I had leftovers and while naturally the chicken wasn’t as perfectly textured when warmed the chard absorbed the sauce over night and was amazing the second day. I’m thinking of no chicken next time and precooking these the flavor was so good.
Susy P. 17 Jan
Loved it added asparagus
Noelle Hagen 14 Jun 2017
Turned out very well, I omitted the onions because I didnt have any on hand but next time I will add them in. Overall, a quick and easy dish!