Herb Baked SalmonYummly
Freshly herbs and garlic are all it takes to turn ordinary salmon into a quick and delectable dinner.
- 4 Atlantic salmon fillets (5 oz each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs (loosely packed mixed, like parsley, dill, chives, thyme, or oregano)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 lemon (for serving)
- 1Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- 2Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3Rinse the salmon filets under cool water. Gently pat them dry with paper towels, then place on the baking sheet, skin side down.
- 4Sprinkle the top of the salmon with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- 5Place the butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30-40 seconds until melted.
- 6Using a sharp knife, finely mince the fresh herbs and garlic cloves.
- 7Place the herbs in the bowl of melted butter and whisk to combine.
- 8Use a spoon to divide the herb butter equally between each salmon filet. Gently spread it into even layers over the tops of the filets.
- 9Transfer the baking sheet to the preheated oven.
- 10Bake the filets for 12-15 minutes on the middle rack of the oven, until the crust is golden brown and the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- 11Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- 12Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the filets. Plate and serve immediately.