Hello Kitty is a beloved character throughout the world and makes for a festive and lovely cake. The character has simple features, so even if you have never worked with fondant before you will be able to create a sugar masterpiece. The cake itself is simple vanilla cake which has a nutella filling (though if you prefer a simple buttercream filling that works too), so the real effort that will go into the cake is when you decorate it with Hello Kitty's face.
- 250 grams butter
- 500 grams sugar
- 1 lemon
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 500 grams flour
- 1 baking powder (sachet)
- 375 grams milk
- icing (fondant, white, black, yellow and red)
- simple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl using an electric mixer until the mixture is soft and has a light color.
- Add the lemon zest and continue to beat.
- Add the eggs, one by one and mix well.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat.
- In another bowl, sift the flour and baking powder together.
- Add one third of the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour half of the milk into the bowl and mix.
- Add another third of the flour and continue to mix.
- Pour in the rest of the milk and carefully mix.
- Add the last third of the flour and mix well.
- Pour into a greased baking pan.
- Lower the heat to 170 C and place the baking pan into the oven. Bake for about 1 1/2 hours depending on the oven. Insert a toothpick into the cake; when it comes out clean, it is ready.
- Print a picture of the face of Hello Kitty.
- Cut out the silhouette and place it on top of the cake, securing it with toothpicks.
- Cut the cake along the edges of the picture, remove the borders.
- Cut the cake horizontally and fill with Nutella or any other creamy filling between the two layers.
- Cover the entire cake with Nutella so the fondant will stick in place.
- Place a 0.5-centimeter layer of white fondant on top of the cakes. Trim and remove the edges.
- Cut out the whiskers and the eyes in black fondant, adhere with simple syrup. Cut out the nose in yellow fondant and place in position.
- Create the bow out of red fondant and carefully place on the top, attached to one of the ears.
|Calories1610Calories from Fat580|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat580|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.