- 2 cups carrots
- 2 cups red potatoes
- 1 cup white onion
- 1 cup chayote squash
- 2 cups roma tomatoes
- 4 ounces chorizo (Pork)
- 2 pounds catfish fillets (plus bones, tail and fins)
- 1/2 gallon water
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 8 corn (Small, Soft Tortillas)
- 8 tablespoons cotija cheese (Crumbled)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut all Root Vegetables, Squash and Tomatoes in large dice pieces.
- Cook Chorizo on medium heat in a 2 gallon soup pot until light brown.
- Add Fish bones Bay Leaves, Garlic, Oregano and the water, bring to a boil, take down heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Take out fish bones, tail and fins.
- Add all Vegetables and cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Add Catfish Fillets in bite size pieces, ruffly chopped Cilantro and Salt, cook for another 5-10 minutes, until fish is cooked and vegetables are soft.
- Crumble Cotija over each Corn Tortilla and sprinkle Olive Oil over. Brown under oven broiler until golden and crispy.
- Serve soup with Tortilla on top.