- 2 chicken breasts (skin-on and bone-in split)
- canola oil
- black pepper
- 3 heads garlic
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- 2 carrots (peeled and finely diced)
- 2 parsnips (peeled and finely diced)
- 2 celery (ribs, finely diced)
- 2 cups butternut squash (peeled and diced into small, bite-size cubes)
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 4 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 piece parmesan (rind, optional, *see note below)
- 2 cups Tuscan kale (chopped into small pieces)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (julienned)
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- gnocchi (cooked according to package instructions, and held warm with a bit of oil drizzled in)
- parmesan (Grated fresh, for garnish)
- rustic bread (Warm, on the side)
PER SERVING *
|Calories470Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Suz 28 Feb
Delicious! Perfect for cold weather!
Tom E. 11 Feb
The soup was phenomenal. I made it without the gnocchi to keep the calories down and was a great meal on its own. Next time I will add the gnocchi and I’m sure it will be even better.
Paul 9 Jan
Was delicious! Perfect for those cold winter evenings. Will definitely make again.
Angie B. 4 Jan
This recipe is amazing! I used rotisserie chicken instead to cut down on time and it still was delicious!
Jessie C. 29 Nov 2017
The prep and cook time quoted on this post differs than what the recipe states (1 hour or so), however, I’m definitely trying it again. It was healthy, delicious, and easy to follow. Everyone loved it!
Anita Zyskowski 25 Nov 2017
Definitely would make again.
Tucker Bridges 15 Nov 2017
Didn’t quite dice the veggies, a little longer cook time left em chunky but soft. Absolutely delicious
Mike 15 Nov 2017
this is good. Didn’t use the kale and still turned out amazing.